1894Professor Ernst Herter in Lasa
Art in the last third of the nineteenth century was characterized by the revival of classical architecture and sculpture. Many requests, both from private clients and public institutions, set the use of Lasa marble as a requirement. FamousThe white stone from Lasa became status symbols for the wealthiest circles. In 1893/94, Professor Ernst Herter from Berlin (third from left) spent some time in Lasa. The picture was taken at the end of his work there. The following works were created during that period: Ein Seltener Fang or ‘The rare catch’, Aspasia (center image) and Travel by boat (in two versions, the colossal figure was placed in Berlin’s town hall).