1954Lasa Marble reopens the Mitterwand quarry at Covelano
A high percentage of workers at Lasa was represented by Italians coming from various regions of the "Boot”. Lasa invested huge sums of money for the construction of housing for workers, it subsidized associational activities and the company’s own in-house store. A high number of employees were kept even after the large American order had been fulfilled. The excess workers were employed to re-open the Mitterwand quarry near the Covelano mountain-hut, for which Lasa Marmo had won a contract with the municipality of Lasa in 1956.