1906Heyday thanks to the railway
The first marble blocks delivered by the "Vinschgau Railway" were those used to sculpture the lions for the "Feldherrnhalle" (Field Marshals' Hall) in Munich. The enterprise flourished for ten years until stagnation set in with the onset of the First World War. After the war, the company proved unable to match the success it had achieved before the war, for the competition in Lasa (Laas) and the low demand for marble buildings and statues in Austria meant that the heirs of Eduard Hauser gradually closed down operations in Venosta Valley (Vinschgau) by 1924. The era of the Vienna entrepreneurs thus came to an end.