1899Fritz Zeller acquires the rights of the Wiener Union Baugesellschaft
The Viennese Fritz Zeller acquired the rights of the Wiener Union Baugesellschaft in 1899. Zeller, an idealist, had great plans for the future and especially encouraged the use of marble from Lasa for artistic purposes. In 1905 he had to declare bankruptcy.
Around 1900 there were several active extraction sites inluding the Torneller (owned by Lasa’s municipality), the Tornellerwand (Weißes Wasser and Weißwasser), the Jennwand and Laaser Leiten (Stierleger) (Laaser Onyx) in Lasa, and the Alpbruch Mitterwandl in Covelano.