Extended information on cookies
Cookies are short text(letters or numbers) files that enable a web server to store information on the client (browser), to be reused during the same visit to the site (session cookies) or afterwards, even days later(persistent cookies). According to user preferences, cookies are stored by the individual browser on the specific device used (computer, tablet, and smartphone).
Similar technologies, such as, for example, web beacons, clear GIFs and all forms of local storage introduced with HTML5, can be used to gather information on user behaviour and use of services. Later in this document we will refer to cookies and similar technologies all by simply using the word “cookie”.
Type of Cookies
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential for the proper functioning of the website. The duration of cookies is strictly limited to the working session (when the browser is closed, these cookies are deleted).
- Analytical and performance cookies: These cookies are used to anonymously collect and analyse the traffic and use of the site. For example, these cookies allow even without identifying the user to detect if the same user returns to connect at different times.
Furthermore, they also allow monitoring the system and improving its performance and usability. The deactivation of these cookies can be executed without any loss of functionality.
- Profiling cookies: These are persistent cookies used to identify (anonymously or not) user preferences and improve your browsing experience. The Hotel Londra website does not use any cookies of this type.
Cookies used on this website
- cookieconsent_dismissed, www.lasamarmo.it, technical, stay active: 1 year. System cookie, used to prevent the cookie from being displayed again.
- PHPSESSID, www.lasamarmo.it, technical, stay active: session. System cookie, used to keep the user session up.
On visiting a website you may receive cookies from both the visited site (“proprietary”), and from websites maintained by other organisations (“third party”).A notable example is the presence of “social plugins” for Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn. These are part of the page visited, generated directly by the mentioned sites and integrated into the page of the host site. The most common use of social plugins is aimed at sharing content on social networks.
The presence of these plugins involves the transmission of cookies to and from all sites operated by third parties. The information collected by “third-party management” shall be governed by the relevant information so please refer to them if needed. To ensure greater transparency and convenience, the web addresses for providing various information and methods for handling cookies are reported below.
www.lasamarmo.it also includes certain components transmitted by Google Analytics, a web traffic analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Again it comes to third-party cookies which anonymously collect and manage information to monitor and improve the performance of the host site (performance cookies).
Google Analytics uses “cookies” to collect and analyse anonymous information about the usage behaviour of the website of www.lasamarmo.it (including your IP address). This information is collected by Google Analytics, which processes them in order to draw up reports for www.lasamarmo.it operators about the activities on the websites themselves. This site does not use (and does not allow any third party to use) the Google Analytics tool to track or collect any personally identifiable information. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google or seek to link an IP address with the identity of a user. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law or if third parties process the aforementioned information on Google’s behalf.
For more information, please see this link: https://policies.google.com/privacy/partners?hl=en.
You can selectively disable the action of installing Google Analytics on your browser using the opt-out option provided by Google. To disable the action of Google Analytics, please refer to the link given below: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
List of all cookies
What kind of cookies are used on this website, who is the third-party owner, what’s the category, what are the cookies used for and how long do they stay active?
- __utma, Google, performance, stay active: unlimited. This cookie provides information on when you first visited the website, on the number of visits and on the last visit.
- __utmb, Google, performance, stay active: until the end of the session. This cookie contains a timestamp of when the user visited the website. In connection with __utmc, this cookie can provide information on how long the user was on the website.
- __utmc, Google, performance, stay active: 30 minutes. This cookie contains a timestamp of when the user left the website. In connection with __utmb, this cookie can provide information on how long the user was on the website.
- __utmk, Google, performance, stay active: unlimited. This cookie contains a hash value of all the here mentioned UTM Cookies.
- __utmt, Google, performance, stay active: 10 minutes. shows the type of request made. (It could be an event, transaction, itemoro custom variable. If there is no specification given it is a pageview.)
- __utmv, Google, performance, stay active: unlimited. This cookie is dedicated to individual contents. Being an empty cookie, it serves to store visitor-level custom-variable data.
- __utmx, Google, performance, stay active: 2 years. This cookie contains values of the Google Website Optimizer.
- __utmz, Google, performance, stay active: 6 months. This cookie contains information on the visitor traffic source that explains how the user reached the site. It may store information on search engines and the entered search terms, or where the IP address of the visitor is located.
- _ga, Google, performance, stay active: 2 years. Used to identify users.
- _gat, Google, performance, stay active: 10 min. Used to create tracker objects.
- _gid, Google, performance, stay active: 24 hours. Used to identify users.
Third parties are autonomous owners of the cookies, therefore their policies concerning cookies will be applied. Find the complete list of all third parties below.
- FACEBOOK more information on https://www.facebook.com/policy.php
- GOOGLE more information on https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads?hl=en
Users can decide whether to accept cookies using their browser settings. Attention: The total or partial disabling of technical cookies can compromise the use of the functionalities on the site reserved for registered users. On the contrary, the full usability of public content is possible even completely disabling cookies. Disabling “third-party” cookies does not affect the browsing experience in any way. Settings can be specifically defined for different websites and web applications.
Furthermore, the best browsers allow you to define different settings for “proprietary” cookies and those of “third parties”. For example, in Firefox, through the Tools> Options> Privacy menu, you can access a control panel where you can define whether or not to accept the different types of cookies and remove them as well.
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
- Opera: https://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/
- Other browsers and devices: https://www.wikihow.com/Disable-Cookies
The user may disable and/or delete individual non-technical third-party cookies as explained on the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (EDAA): www.youronlinechoices.eu.