The Madonna of Wessobrunn - Laaser Marmor
Around 1700

The Madonna of Wessobrunn

The Baroque chapel of St. Anne was built in the seventeenth century and is characterized by Spanish influences. Wessobrunn’s Madonna with the rosary, a work by Gregor Schwenzengast, dominates the main portal. The Mühlrain residence, which incorporates St. Anne’s chapel, was given its present form in 1580 by Count Kleinhans, who had been field marshal in Spain. The residence is also known as the "red castle" due to its red color.

The Madonna of Wessobrunn
Deutsche VersionVersione italiana